Please come visit us at ETSU! We would love to show you our beautiful campus, which spans over 350 acres and contains a certified Arboretum. There are more than 60 academic and administrative buildings, and approximately 3 million gross square feet of space, with network access available in every classroom, office, residence hall and building. Wifi access is established throughout the campus, so you can stay connected indoors and out.
Schedule a Campus Tour or Attend Open House
Open House is a great place to discover more about ETSU. Talk one-on-one with faculty and many departments such as scholarships, financial aid, and housing and residence life. You can attend an information session, take a walking or trolley tour of campus, or participate in one of the special events scheduled throughout the day all while meeting like-minded future Buccaneers. We look forward to seeing you at our next open house event!
Academic CalendarCampus tours are generally offered September through July at 9am and 1pm Monday through Friday. Student Admissions Ambassadors will be your tour guide. Additionally, a limited number of Saturday tours are offered during the Fall and Spring Semesters. Visit our campus tour reservation system to see specific tour dates and times and setup YOUR tour.
If you'd like to see some of campus before you visit in person, please check out some of our virtual tours:
Before you visit campus, you may want to look-up a specific building or location on campus. Please visit our interactive campus map page for maps, directions and other useful information.
Got a mobile device? Then be sure to download our ETSU app (for iPhone | for Android), which provides maps and other information to help you get around campus, allows you to take a self-guided tour, keep tabs on Buccaneer sports and more.
The Carnegie Hotel is a nice facility and is directly across from the University.
- 1216 W. State of Franklin Rd.
- Johnson City, TN 37604
- (423) 979-6400 or 1-866-757-8277
You will also find many other places to stay around town.
Driving Directions to ETSU Main Campus (in Johnson City, TN)
Note: If you use a search engine to obtain directions to ETSU, be sure the directions are to our main campus.
For your GPS device: Our Physical address is 1276 Gilbreath Dr., Johnson City, TN 37614. This is a relatively new address, so if your device does not find that address, please try 807 University Parkway, Johnson City, TN 37614.
1. Coming from the north, south and west, use I-81.
2. Exit onto I-26 toward Johnson City/ Asheville.
3. Take exit 24 onto University Parkway and follow the signs to campus.
4. Coming from the east, take I-26 from Asheville, NC, then 24 onto University Parkway. Follow the signs to campus.
Driving Directions to ETSU at Kingsport
From Johnson City:
1. Travel I-26 toward Kingsport
2. Take Exit 1, then turn left onto Highway 11W (West Stone Drive).
3. Travel approximately four miles on 11W
4. Turn right onto University Boulevard at the traffic light where Pizza Hut and Citizens Bank are located.
5. Stay on University Boulevard for approximately one mile. University Boulevard runs into ETSU at Kingsport parking lot.
From Hawkins County:
1. Travel east on Highway 11W.
2. Turn left onto University Boulevard at the traffic light where Pizza Hut and Citizens Bank are located.
3. Stay on University Boulevard for approximately one mile. University Boulevard runs into ETSU at Kingsport parking lot.
All visitors to the campus must obtain a visitor's parking permit from the Parking Services Office. There is no charge for visitor permits. Temporary parking permits are not necessary when attending special events, but visitors must not park in fire lanes, 20-minute zones, service vehicle spaces, or disabled parking areas.