ETSU requires official ACT/SAT scores from international freshman applicants under the age of 21 who graduated from a US high school.
ETSU does not require ACT/SAT scores for admission purposes from international freshmen applicants who successfully complete secondary education in countries other than the U.S.
English Language Proficiency Requirement - International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting one of the following:
- 500 Paper based (PBT)
- 61 Internet based (iBT)
ELS - English Language Services (applicants may submit an official academic record demonstrating successful completion)
- Level 112 English for Academic Purposes
- IELTS - International English Testing System
- Score of 5.5
- English and Reading 19
- Critical Reading (Verbal) 450
- Two semesters or three quarters of college-level English composition from an accredited U.S. college or university which transfers as ENGL 1010 and 1020 with a minimum grade of "C". Official transcript is required.
- Minimum of one year of attendance as an exchange student in or graduation from a U.S. high school. Official transcript is required.
- ETSU will also accept other nationally recognized, comparable, standardized English proficiency examinations. For more information please contact the Admissions Office.
Admissions decisions will be made using official documents. Official documents are original documents or certified copies of original documents and must be received by mail or courier service. Educational credential in a language other than English should be provided in the original language along with a certified English translation. Unofficial translations are not acceptable.
The following application deadlines are suggested:
- Fall Semester: June 15
- Spring Semester: October 15
- Summer Semester: March 15
An application is not considered complete until all required documents are on file.