This is a handy list of all the things involved in becoming a student at ETSU. Depending on your situation, some items may not apply to you. If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask an admissions counselor or contact our office. Please review the information here and you can start your application at any time.
Requirements for Admission Review the specific requirements for admission to ETSU.
- Apply for Admission:
- Complete the undergraduate application. Submit a non-refundable $25 application fee.
- Forward your high school transcript.
- Request that an official copy (sealed, unopened version) of your transcript be sent directly to
- The Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- PO Box 70731
- Johnson City, TN 37614
If you are a Home School student, complete the Home School Transcript Form and the Official Certification of Study and send those in with certification of registration with the local school system that you would have otherwise attended.
- Forward your college transcript, Advanced Placement or other collegiate results.
- If you have completed college-level courses as a dual-enrollment student while in high school or through the Advanced Placement Program or other collegiate services, you must request an official transcript be forwarded to the Office of Admissions. It is important to record this credit to avoid duplication at ETSU.
- Provide required test scores
- You may list ETSU as a score recipient when completing the ACT or SAT or request your high school counselor include test scores on your official transcript.
- Apply for scholarships
- Complete the scholarship application by the deadline date. Application details and procedures, as well as scholarship requirements may be viewed from the Scholarship webpage.
- Apply for housing
- If you are planning to live on campus (not required for freshmen), you must apply early for university housing. Use the application available from the Housing webpage. Be sure to include the appropriate housing application fee.
- Apply for your Meal Plan
- If you are living on campus, fill out the Resident Advantage Meal Plan form or if you are living off campus, fill out the Commuter Meal Plan form and return it to the Campus Dining office. Mailing address: ETSU Campus Dining, PO Box 70290, Johnson City, TN 37614.
- Complete the health forms
- New students must complete two health forms prior to registering for classes and enrolling in ETSU. The Student Health Form and the Meningitis and Hepatitis B Immunization Health Form. Health history requirements may be viewed from the Health Services webpage.
- Apply for financial aid and lottery awards
- To apply for need based financial aid, including loans, as well as the TN Lottery Scholarship program (available to TN residents only) you should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1. The application should be completed and submitted before the priority deadline. You may complete an online FAFSA application or a paper form available in your high school counselor's office. Additional information regarding financial aid may be viewed from the Financial Aid webpage.
- Register for New Student Orientation
- Orientation is required for all new freshmen. Once admitted, you will receive information about orientation programs which are available throughout the year. You will meet with an academic advisor and register for your classes during orientation. Additional information is available from the Orientation webpage.